We are always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic and commercial people for both UK and International roles who share our brand values and want to be part of a creative team in our fast growing business.
Job specification: Fabric Cutter and Inspector
Summary of role:
Working in the warehouse with the quality control and fabric allocation team to inspect and cut fabric for orders and ensure quality control processes are completed; including fault reports and cutting fabric accurately, and handling our stock with care to ensure our brand is presented in the best manner at all times. Supporting in the absence of a warehouse operative.
- Cutting released fabric orders to maintain Company’s high level of quality standards, steaming and repairing when necessary
- Inspecting fabric deliveries and updating fault reports clearly and accurately
- Ensure goods received are in good condition, document any damaged or missing packaging with courier and report to line manager
- Ensure general warehouse standards are to the highest standard and keep fabric stock on shelves neat and tidy. Re-organise locations if necessary
- Monitor packaging material and request stock if necessary
- Re-assessing fault reports and batch match existing stock upon request.
- Ensuring the fabrics received are booked in within 48hrs
- Working to help ensure efficient allocations against sales orders and wings to best utilise stock including reducing stock of small rolls, batch matching and minimising waste
- Working with your line manager and on own initiative to ensure the fabric cutting processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring all fabric orders requested for despatch are prioritised in a manner for maximum efficiency
- Ensuring all fabric orders are packed to the highest standard working with the warehouse operative
- Working in conjunction with sales team and wider business network when needed to fulfil requests or complete fabric enquiries
- Ensuring the cutting floor is always covered/never unattended to ensure maximum productivity and pick and pack manager clear
- Ad-hoc duties when required to meet the needs’ of the business
Planning and Organising:
Uses time effectively and concentrates efforts on more important activities. Plans activities and workload and monitors progress. Uses resources effectively and where necessary; flexible in realigning plans to changing circumstances and needs of the business. Energised by tough challenges, deadlines, and workload with view to exceed expectations and complete ahead of deadline.
Resilience and Composure:
Maintains a positive outlook at work and is cool under pressure. Does not show frustration during difficult situations and handles criticism well and learns from it. Does not give up in the face of set-backs and is measured and calm; with view to seek a positive outcome when set-back with unplanned events. Maintains a healthy balance between work and home life. Responds to questions and queries with a positive first response.
Loves to make our clients’ happy and acts to complete all tasks with our brand and our customers’ needs at heart and to the highest standard. Uses our resources effectively and takes advice from the business to enhance the experience we can offer as a brand with view to drive sales further.
Drives for positive results and delivers a great performance:
Passion and desire to succeed and focuses activity and responsibility for delivering personal performance and business results; identifies what needs to be done and initiates and generates activity to make it happen. Makes good decisions and works in line with our policies and procedures. Honestly appraises own performance and recognises what needs to be done to achieve results with a positive ‘can do’ approach. Sets stretching objectives that are aligned with our business objectives and personal development and achieves them.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com